- They are the only shelter for homeless men in Stark County
- They are an emergency/transitional shelter
- Refuge of Hope Ministries bunks for 34 men but average 46 a night and therefore overflow every night
- They have moved 307 men into permanent housing from our shelter in the last three years, only 14 had to return for another stay
- To date in 2017 they have moved over 30 men into housing this year
- Their Meal Ministry serves community meals 7 times each week, and three meals a day to their resident men
- In 2008 they served 14,500 meals – in 2016 they served over 96,000 hot nourishing meals to hungry men, women and children in the community
- Their dining room seats 110 at one time and average over 200 meals for one dinner. This means they must reset tables while people wait to be served at every meal.
- 1 in 4 children in Stark County is food insecure, which means they lack regular access to nutritional food for an active and healthy life. 1 in 10 senior citizens in the community is also food insecure
- Refuge of Hope does not check ID’s, or requires you attend a religious service before you receive a meal or clothing. While they are a Christian organization they do not feel this should be a requirement to receive any food or other services we provide. Refuge of Hope reaches out to meet the needs of this community treating everyone with love, compassion and respect.
- Everyone has basic needs and they try to provide for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs to everyone who walks through our doors for help.
Refuge of Hope Ministries is located at 405 Third St SE, in Canton. The building is no longer large enough to accommodate two ministries. We desperately need more space to minister to the people who need us. Property has been donated a couple blocks from our current location and we are now raising the money to build a larger, facility, to help people in a more effective way. They also desire to collaborate with other agencies to expand programs and services to the hurting men, women and children they serve.